“Two worlds together are a lot stronger than one; because there is always another world that they can rely on.” Student’s poem inspired by Connecting Classrooms, Nova Hreod College, Swindon
- Professional development for teachers - get equipped to tackle global themes in the classroom with our fully funded, regional face-to-face workshops and online courses
- Connecting Classrooms also provides specially developed resources to help you and your partner school explore a number of social, environmental, and cultural themes.
- The British Council offers funding of £1,500 for partnerships between schools in the UK and other countries.
- The partnership offers young people the chance to collaborate directly with their international peers, bringing challenging global issues to life and creating meaningful cross-cultural relationships.
- The grant must be spent on visits from at least one teacher from each of the schools in the partnership. It should be used to cover the cost of flights, accommodation, travel insurance, local transport, visas, vaccinations, and food.
Why Take Part?
Connecting Classrooms equips students with a deeper understanding of:
- other countries and cultures
- their rights and responsibilities as global citizens
- the skills needed to work in a global economy and build a fairer, more sustainable world.
Teachers also benefit from:
- gaining understanding of other countries’ education systems
- being better equipped to teach about global issues
- improving their own teaching skills.